Newsbusters has outlined yet another example of “blame the NRA for everything” and outright media bias in the rush to judgment after a mass shooting:
There’s some things to keep in mind about California, which has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. California:
- Assault Weapons Ban
- Magazine Capacity Bans
- Bans detachable high capacity magazines in rifles
- Universal Background Checks
- Mandatory Handgun Registration
- Mandatory Long Gun registration
- Mandatory waiting periods for all firearms purchases
- Mandatory safety testing of all firearms, with only “approved” guns being allowed to be sold in the state
- A total ban on open carry
- “May issue” concealed carry, which is effectively a de facto ban of the same.
None of that prevented the San Bernardino shooting. Yet those measures are the “wish list” for gun control advocates. Maybe it’s time to start asking the hard questions about why their policies don’t work.